[Gmsh] gmsh gives runtime error when trying to generate a 3D mesh for sphinx

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Wed May 23 16:30:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

there are two main problems with your .stl file:

- a very small "IBM" sigle is floating around the right eye of the sphinx

- some elements are duplicated:

$ gmsh sphinxs.stl -

Info    : 'D:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\gmsh.exe sphinxs.stl - ' started on Wed May 23 16:21:30 2007
Info    : Reading 'sphinxs.stl'
Info    : Mesh is in binary format
Info    : 1577 facets
Info    : Read 'sphinxs.stl'
Info    : Checking mesh coherence (1577 elements)
Info    : Elements 18 and 437 have identical barycenter
Info    : Elements 19 and 438 have identical barycenter
Info    : Elements 441 and 453 have identical barycenter
Info    : Elements 442 and 454 have identical barycenter
Info    : Elements 42 and 535 have identical barycenter
Info    : Elements 43 and 536 have identical barycenter
Info    : Elements 531 and 547 have identical barycenter
Info    : Elements 532 and 548 have identical barycenter
Warning : 8 duplicate elements

Cheers,

Dave