[Gmsh] flat tetrahedral

Alexander Rabtchevich alexander.v.rabtchevich at iaph.bas-net.by
Mon Jun 4 19:36:44 CEST 2007

Hello all

I use Gmsh to produce meshes for Impact. I discovered for myself that
Impact is a very characteristic length sensitive program - its time of
calculation is at least inversely proportional to the _minimum_
characteristic length of all triangles in a mesh. So if some tetrahedral
appear flat, their characteristic length becomes smaller than the value
set in geometry file. E.g. minimum defined characteristic length is 0.04
and minimum characteristic length in the result mesh is 0.0085
(calculated by my program).

Is there a common way to increase the "fullness" of the mesh? I use
Netgen 3d algorithm.

Here is the geometry file of the problematic body.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich