[Gmsh] build geometry from *.unv?

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sun Jul 22 17:01:15 CEST 2007

pei-ying.hsieh at siemens.com wrote:

> Dear Professor Geuzaine:
>
> Thanks for the answer.  It is really cool to be able to do this.  But,
> this leads to a new question:
>
> If I read in a surface mesh from unv, how to tie (connect) this surface
> mesh to a surface of a volume in gmsh?
> Does unv has information of the geometry?

The surfaces elements will have tags, that Gmsh will interpret as
surface numbers. You can then create a volume from the discrete surfaces
using the usual Gmsh commands.

(See my previous email to Cecile Giorla: this only works for volumes at
the moment; it's not possible to do this with curves or surfaces.)