[Gmsh] Surface remeshing

Luca Antiga luca.antiga at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 12:44:37 CEST 2007

Hi,
  I'm rather new to Gmsh, although I'd like to use it more regularly
in the future.
I have the need of remeshing triangulated surfaces (and then mesh
their volume, but this second phase is fine). In previous versions I
would load it in STL format and remesh it with the appropriate
command, but I noticed can't do it with the current release.
If I got it right by reading around on the mailing list, this
functionality is being reworked now, and will be available in future
versions as a more general remeshing capability. Is this correct?
If yes, do you have an estimate on the timeframe (no pressure
intended :-), just to have a rough idea )?
Thanks a lot for sharing such great code

Luca

--
Luca Antiga, PhD
Head, Medical Imaging Unit,
email: antiga at marionegri.it
web: http://villacamozzi.marionegri.it/~luca
mail: Villa Camozzi, 24020, Ranica (BG), Italy
phone: +39 035 4535-381