[Gmsh] Libraries

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Aug 31 09:06:25 CEST 2007

F Lau wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> This is my first post and I am very happy for the opportunity to do
so. I was wondering if anyone had successfully compiled the gmsh
libraries to work with the the MSVC++ compiler. I understand that the
mixing of objects between compilers is not easily achieved if at all
possible because of different name mangling between compilers. However,
I have seen mentioned elsewhere that this may be possible via wrapper
code around the MSVC++ compiler/linker to make them usable with gcc/g++
type arguments. Has anyone managed to do this or come up with some
different approach. Unfortunately I am stuck with using the MS tools for
my project and I would like to use the gmsh libraries somehow.

> Thanks for any replies out there : )

Hi Flora - I think you should be able to build most of the code using
MSVC... but I haven't done it, and unfortunately I don't know anybody
who has.