[Gmsh] compute volume and color physical

GUITON Martin Martin.GUITON at ifp.fr
Mon Sep 3 15:38:01 CEST 2007

Dear gmsh contributors,

First, I wonder if there is a possibility with gmsh to compute the total surface of 2D meshes physical groups (volume for 3D) or the total surface of a mesh ? This is because I need to compute the total surface of a deformed configuration.

My second problem is to merge several meshes with a different color for each of them. Actually I tried to use the physical number with for the first mesh :
$ELM
7679
1 15 201 3 1 2
2 15 200 52 1 8
3 15 203 53 1 9
4 15 202 72 1 12
5 1 800 2 2 1 15
6 1 800 2 2 15 16
7 1 800 2 2 16 17
8 1 800 2 2 17 18
9 1 800 2 2 18 19
etc..

and for the second one:
$ELM
7679
 1        1       500       47        2 15      1
 2        1       500       47        2 16      15
 3        1       500       47        2 17      16
 4        1       500       47        2 18      17
 5        1       500       47        2 19      18
etc..

It is possible to select with visibility the 2 physical groups 500 and 800 which are as I want. Unfortunately, if I use the option COLOR for PHYSICAL_GROUPS, the two groups are affected by the same color (that of ZERO). To complicate, I tried also the following format for the second mesh and it works fine (but I would like to be able to work with a different group number than 2).
$ELM
7679
 1        1      2       500        2 15      1
 2        1      2       500        2 16      15
 3        1      2       500        2 17      16
 4        1      2       500        2 18      17
 5        1      2       500        2 19      18
 6        1      2       500        2 20      19

Thank you very much for you help.

Martin GUITON

Research Scientist
IFP-Geologie 1-4 Avenue Bois Preau
92852 Rueil-Malmaison FRANCE
tel: +33 (1) 47 52 63 69

Ce message (et toutes ses pièces jointes éventuelles) est confidentiel et établi à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse. L'IFP décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message.

This message and any attachments (the message) are confidential and intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. IFP should not be liable for this message.

Visitez notre site Web / Visit our web site : http://www.ifp.fr