[Gmsh] Save a deformed mesh

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Oct 1 09:50:52 CEST 2007

Pierre-Frederic Villard wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Do you know if it is possible to save a deformed mesh with the GMSH interface?
>
> I have computed 10 time steps of a deformation and I would like now to
> convert each deformed geometry into a stl file.
>
> Any suggestion to achieve it is welcome!

Hi Pierre-Frederic - You can do that using post-processing views. First
save your deformation field as a vector post-processing view. Then
use Plugin(Warp) to deform the view, and finally save the view into a
STL file by clicking on the view number in the GUI and choosing "Save
as->STL triangulation".

You can also do all this in a script (see attached file "deform.geo").

Hope this helps,

Christophe