[Gmsh] STEP and changing characteristic length

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Nov 9 15:35:03 CET 2007

Constanze Bausch wrote:
> Hello dear Gmsh-Users and Developers!
>

> I would be very happy, if anyone could tell me, if it´s possible to
> change the mesh size when using a STEP format file.
>
> And if it is, how can I do this?

There are several. You can do it globally, using "-clscale" on the
command line, "Tools->Options->Mesh->General->Characteristic length
factor" in the GUI, or "Mesh.CharacteristicLengthFactor=xxx;" in a GEO
file that merges the STEP file.

Or you can do it locally "per point", by adding "Characteristic
Length{point_number,point_number,...} = xxx;" commands in a GEO file
that merges the STEP file.

You can also use all the more advanced char length definition methods
(background mesh, etc.)