[Gmsh] Gmsh and postprocessing

boolegue boolegue at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 00:41:42 CET 2007

CGNS has a bad support in free visualization software, I only know
about visit using it, but it has an outdated version of the library
and the implementation is far from being complete (I had to modify the
reader plugin to be able to read cgns time dependent data). This file
format doesn't seem to be maintained anymore in visit.
I've been using cgns for the past year, but I am now in the process of
moving to the powerful vtk "world".

BTW, why are you guys willing to do post processing with gmsh, since
there are already good dedicated free softwares for this purpose
(visit,paraview,mayavi) ?

Cheers,
Antoine.