[Gmsh] nodal coordinates

Manav Bhatia manav at vt.edu
Sun Dec 30 03:31:37 CET 2007

Hi,

    Could I also add to my earlier question the following: Is it also
possible to get access to the derivatives of the local coordinates
with respect to the global ones? This might be a tricky issue for
curved geometries, since tensorial components might be used, but it
will be helpful.
    I have the following problem: If I know the sensitivity of the
elementary points with respect to some parameter alpha, then I would
like to calculate the sensitivity of the global nodal coordinates with
respect to this parameter.

    Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,
Manav