[Gmsh] Question about GMSH

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Jan 30 09:25:58 CET 2008

Eugenio Aracil Bueso wrote:
> I'm Eugenio Aracil Bueso, from Spain, and I'm using GMSH form importing
> strange geometries to SAP2000, having meshed it previously. The problem
> I find using GMSH is that I can't force the mesh to some point's I would
> like to be in the mesh.
>
> I.e.: I've got this surface, and I would like to set the points I have
> in the surface meshed (I mean: some of the point in the generated mesh
> should be these points). ¿Is it possible? ¿How can I do it?
>
> In Doc1.doc you may see the surface I'd like to mesh, and those points
> that should be integrated in the mesh.

Embedded points are not available yet in the current version (they will
be at some point in the future). Until then you should define the points
as beg/end points of a curve which either bounds the surface, or is
embedded in the surface using

Line {xx} In Surface {yy};

(this last option will only work with recent nightly builds)