[Gmsh] problem in gmsh 2.1.0

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Feb 27 17:39:39 CET 2008

Tom De Vuyst wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When combining some *.pos files the following error message appears:
>
> Error: Cannot combine views having different number of time steps
>
> The *.pos files are from a parallel computation and one of the
> partitions is empty. It seems that this is causing the error.
> In attachement are some of the files. If the combine views is run on the
> partitions 21 and 23 there is no problem. If the combine views is run on
> 21 and 22 the error message appears (partition 22 is empty). In gmsh
> version 1.65.0 this works fine.

Hi Tom - Indeed, when combining the elements the new version makes sure
  that all the candidate views have the same number of time steps. But
we should propbably bypass this test if the view is empty (like we used
to in 1.65).

I will change this in the next version. In the meantime, you can just
run "View->Remove Empty Views" ("Delete Empty Views;" in a script)
before attempting to combine the data.

Thanks for the feedback,
Christophe