[Gmsh] Curved Geometry Accuracy

=?windows-1252?Q?Jean-Fran=8D=E7ois_Remacle?= jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Mon Mar 31 15:19:55 CEST 2008

Bernhard Kubicek a écrit :
> Hello!
> I would like to ask if there is exists a setting that controls the
> accuracy of the geometry display.
>
> After opening a step file containing lots of nurbs surfaces, e.g. a bent
> tube, things work quite nicely, but the whole thing seems to be divided
> into straight segments of tubes. Basically I would like to see more
> segments.
> Is there a setting or command for this

Presently, there is no option for refining the triangulations that are
used for representing the
geometry.

If you compile gmsh by yourself,  there is one function call in
gmsh/Geo/OCCFace.cc

BRepMesh_FastDiscret aMesher(aDiscret, 0.5, aBox, bWithShare, Standard_True,
                               Standard_False, Standard_True);

that builds a fast triangulator. The second parameter can be lowered for
getting a better
accuracy.

JFR