[Gmsh] Zero volume elements in Delaunay 2d triangulation

=?windows-1252?Q?Jean-Fran=8D=E7ois_Remacle?= jean-francois.remacle at uclouvain.be
Tue Apr 1 19:25:46 CEST 2008

> Sorry. I explained it too fast. It broke on the following step, for a
> background mesh which I did not send (attached now), with dimensions that are
> a bit exaggerated.

Same issue here,

> I got the attached screenshot with the following command
> gmsh ref.geo -algo frontal -bgm ref.xxx2 -rand 1.e-11
> which produces "wrong elements" and was just wondering what is the cause of
> the "missing edges".

 We use robust predicates for doing geometrical operations
on the 2D mesh, so we should certainly be able to do better.
I'll have a look at that whan I have time.

For the "graphical issue", the strange behavior is principally due to
the way
we use graphics : the zoom exceeds the resolution of the viewport. There
again,
we should be able to do better. So, what you see is NOT what you get.

JFR