[Gmsh] Mapped meshing

Atanas Pavlov nasko.js at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 01:10:12 CEST 2008

Yes, I had not understand the concept of Transfinite grids, it is exactly
what I need. Thank you very much.
I have a few other questions, if someone happens to have an answer to them
:)

  1) I have not been able to find an Offset command in Gmsh (generate curve
which is offset from another curve by a given distance). Any suggestions?

  2) I am considering integrating Gmsh in a simple application, which
generates a certain geometrical configuration and meshes it. I have not been
able to find any example how to do that, my attempts to compile anything
against libGmsh.a (generated by make install-lib) have been fruitless ( I
cannot check the archive content with nm either, it seems to be archive made
of other archives and I do not know how to compile against it). When I try
to compile anything also against the full set of libraries created in the
lib build directory, I get a lot of error messages about unresolved
references. Is there any example anywhere, which shows how to use Gmsh API
to create and mesh geometries?

Thanks a lot,
Atanas