[Gmsh] physical points and nodes

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Apr 23 10:27:08 CEST 2008

Filipe Silveira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> May I relate directly physical points to the nodes on the mesh, due to
> attribute boundary conditions to them? I ask it cause I need to

No: physical points are exactly like other physicals (line, surface
volume), they group elementary geometrical entities (in this case,
geometry points).

What you probably want is to associate a boundary condition with the
nodes located on some (group of) geometrical entities. So 1) save that
group as a physical group 2) loop over the elements in that group and
apply the condition on the nodes of these elements.