[Gmsh] correction and question

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Thu Apr 24 08:26:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

from the FAQ : http://geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh-full.html#SEC79

* 1.3 What does 'Gmsh' mean?

Nothing ;-)

(Note that in the US, people tend to pronounce 'Gmsh' as
'Gee-mesh'. Yeehaa!)

msh is a shorcut for mesh and is also the file extension used for the mesh files generated by GMSH

You can also see GMSH as an acronym for GNU MESH, as the software is open source and released under the GNU GPL license...

Cheers,

Dave

--
David Colignon, Ph.D.
Collaborateur Logistique F.R.S.-FNRS (Equipements de Calcul Intensif)