[Gmsh] Gmsh-Z88 interface - transfering stresses on gauss points

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jun 13 18:04:12 CEST 2008

MGlocken at aol.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´m working on an Gmsh-Z88 interface. Z88 makes it possible to compute
> stresses on gauss points. How can I display them with Gmsh, especially
> for 4- and 10-Node tetrahedra?

In Gmsh's native post-processing formats you could just save the data at
the Gauss points, as a "Tensor Point" dataset. The disadvantage is that
you lose the "elemental" nature of the data (you really only have data
at points in space).

If that's a problem you could use the MED format
(http://www.code-aster.org/outils/med/), which supports Gauss points
directly as a type of data.