[Gmsh] Gmsh - additional programming for constraints and materials

mglocken at aol.com mglocken at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 19:30:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have done a bit of work with Gmsh and would like to continue using this tool. A serious problem for me is the lack of functionality for defining constraints and materials. So I´m thinking about adding this functionality myself. If my work is successful, it may be useful for other Gmsh users, too. But I´m not sure that it´s welcome, i.e. that it fits the intention of Gmsh development. Does it?

But anyway I have some questions concerning the concept.

First I would like to learn how to build a new menu item, maybe "Constraints". I have seen a lot of menu stuff in Fltk/GUI.cpp. Maybe adding the menu item in 286:Context_Item menu_mesh[] is a good beginning?

Next I need to know the functions for identifying and activating nodes in the GUI. Where are these functions in the code?

My first idea is to store the nodes, which have constraints, in an array. But I´m not experienced enough to say, that its a good approach, especially for big meshes. What do you think?

I think, there should be some code to identify those nodes, which are connected to selected geometry entities (points, curves, surfaces, volumes). If you know, which functions are dedicated to this, please let me know.

Last but not least are the functions for writing to the output files of interest.

Greetings,

   Michael Glockenmeier

Fa. Michael Glockenmeier
Dipl.-Ing. Michael Glockenmeier
Hauptstr. 55 c
D-86926 Greifenberg
Germany

Tel ++49 (0) 8192/933 1850AFax ++49 (0) 8192/933 186
Email mglocken at aol.com

Visit my site: www.femcfd.com

AOL eMail auf Ihrem Handy! Ab sofort können Sie auch unterwegs Ihre AOL email abrufen. Registrieren Sie sich jetzt kostenlos.