[Gmsh] 1D mesh from .igs file

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jul 25 16:40:34 CEST 2008

Olivier Pierard wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please find in attachment a very simple 1D .igs file (which is a not
> closed curve).  When I open it in Gmsh, it tries to close the curve so
> that the mesh is far from what I expect.  Why is it behaving so and is
> there any way to avoid it ?

Disabling OpenCascade CAD healing for small edges seems to fix the
problem: use "Geometry.OCCFixSmallEdges=0;" in a script, or
"Tools->Geometry->General->Remove small edges..." in the GUI.

PS: if possible use STEP files instead of IGES. The geometrical
tolerances required by IGES files are an unending source of problems.