[Gmsh] How to clear/delete variables

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jul 25 17:23:41 CEST 2008

Hackbarth, Axel wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> If you have created an array A with n elements, then reload the .geo
> script but with just m<n elements in A, you still have the remaining
> elements attached to the array in A[m+1:n].
> I didn't find any command that deletes variables (none of the delete
> commands work). Restarting gmsh solves the prob, but can't be the solution.
> Also a complete reset command would be nice.

Hi Axel - Indeed. I've added a "Delete variable;" command in the language.

We still need to cleanup the "open/merge/new file" worksflow in the
future, but in the meantime I've also added an automatic "global
variable reset" when you open/reload the project file.

These changes will be in tomorrow's nightly snapshot.

Cheers,
Christophe