[Gmsh] I want to compile the gmsh souce code.

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Fri Aug 8 09:42:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

there are basic instructions in  doc/README.msvc :

To compile Gmsh with Microsoft Visual C++

1) Install GNU make and related tools (e.g. from cygwin or mingw)

2) launch the Visual Studio command prompt

3) set PATH=%PATH%;C:\cygwin\bin  (or wherever the make tools are installed)

4) go to the gmsh directory and rename "utils/misc/variables.msvc" to "variables"

5) edit "variables" to match your local installation of Visual C++

6) type "make"

Cheers,

Dave

--
David Colignon, Ph.D.
Collaborateur Logistique du F.R.S.-FNRS (Équipements de Calcul Intensif)