[Gmsh] [Gmsh-announce] New Gmsh release: 2.2.4

Christophe Prud'homme prudhomm at debian.org
Thu Aug 14 08:45:20 CEST 2008

Christophe,

thanks for the release. I actually didn't realize that metis was
distributed with gmsh. I will have to remove entirely metis
from the gmsh tarball for the distribution in Debian. I am preparing a
gmsh-contrib package which will have all the non-free support
(metis,occ,.,..) which will be added to the contrib or non-free
section.

By the way  what is the license for chaco. I couldn't find a reference
regarding the  license. The copyright is clealry Sandia corp.

By the way in the land of mesh partitioner there is a free one, scotch
[1], already in Debian.

It would be super if you add to the README of each contrib package you
have their copyright tand license. The linux distro
are now very picky about that (which is very good).

 1. http://www.labri.fr/perso/pelegrin/scotch/

Best regards
C.