[Gmsh] Different threshold fields around one attractor

Moritz Nadler moritz_nadler at gmx.de
Mon Aug 18 18:20:02 CEST 2008

Hallo,

I still do not know how to do it. Maybe my question was badly formulated, so I
retry:

What I want is a mesh density around a an area that goes like this:

Mesh density
^
| ----------------
|                 \
|                  \
|                   \
|                    -----------
|                               \
|                                \
|                                 \
|                                  -------------
|
|                 ^ DistMin 1
|                     ^ DistMax 1
|                               ^ DistMin 2
|                                  ^ DistMax 2
_________________________________________________> Distance from attractor

This is what I tried to get it:

Field[2] = Threshold;
Field[2].IField = 1;
Field[2].LcMin = 0.001;
Field[2].LcMax = 0.005;
Field[2].DistMin = 0.05;
Field[2].DistMax = 0.2;

Field[3] = Attractor;
Field[3].NodesList = {5};

Field[4] = Threshold;
Field[4].IField = 3;
Field[4].LcMin = 0.005;
Field[4].LcMax = 0.1;
Field[4].DistMin = 0.3;
Field[4].DistMax = 0.5;

Field[5] = Min;
Field[5].FieldsList = {2,4};

Background Field = 5;

But it does not work. It creates only ONE area with higher density around the
point 5.

What do have have to do to make it work?

thanks it advance and

kind regards

Moritz Nadler