[Gmsh] Creating a 2D aerofoil mesh

Thileepan Thiagaraja thilee.thiagaraja at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 19 13:50:29 CEST 2008

Dear all

I'm trying to make an mesh around an aerofoil profile that is one element
thick, to simulate 2D flow.  Currently I'm listing the points of the
aerofoil (and domain) into a "Line Loop" , defining a "Plane Surface" and
extruding the surface by one element.

However, to then group the resulting aerofoil panels into a physical
surface, I have to select them by hand in the GMesh GUI (because the
assigned identification numbers upon extruding are unknown to me otherwise).

Can anyone suggest a more efficient way of creating the aerofoil physical
surface?

Also, should I be using "Spline" or "B-Spline" instead of "Line Loop" for
the aerofoil profile boundary to produce a smoother surface?

Thanks
Thilee