[Gmsh] Bug?

sserebrinsky at gmail.com sserebrinsky at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:05:30 CEST 2008

Dear Christophe,

Here I am, again reporting on Gmsh. I found something that I think it
is a bug, although (if so) it is probably very uncommon.

I have a notebook (Compaq NC6400). Sometimes I dock it and I use an
external monitor HP1740, with an extended desktop. The aspect ratio of
the HP1740 (1280x1024), which when using an extended desktop acts as
the primary monitor, is different from that of the NC6400 (1280x800).
The point is that when I launch Gmsh using an extended desktop, output
goes to the HP1740. If I Stand by or Hibernate the PC (by previously
switching to single display mode), and then I resume work with only
the NC6400 display, Gmsh produces a severe error with the display
card, and display switches to something like 320x200, 16 colors
(useless). The only option that I found is to reboot. It happens
systematically, and only with Gmsh.

I am attaching a window that pops up when resuming the PC.

If you are interested in digging a little bit (I will likely be the
only one having this particular problem, given the conditions where it
shows up, although it may be symptomatic of other issues), please let
me know if you need any further info about hardware, drivers, etc.

I have
Windows XP SP2
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile
1280x800, 32 bit color
Adapter type: Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family
Chip type: Intel GMA 950

Best,

Santiago