[Gmsh] How to install gmsh on Fedora 9

Gijsbert Wierink gijsbert.wierink at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:17:38 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I would like to use gmsh on my Fedora 9 system to generate geometries and
meshes for CFD simulations. When I downloaded and untarred the latest stable
version (2.2.4) from http://geuz.org/gmsh/ and tried to run the executable
gmsh by ./gmsh. The terminal responded by saying "./gmsh: error while
such file or directory". Since I am a beginner in linux I have some trouble
getting gmsh to work and cannot find clear instructions. In other words, can
anyone help me with a monkey manual for how to install gmsh in my system?

Many thanks in advance.

Rgds, Gijsbert