[Gmsh] bug error

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Tue Oct 7 21:16:41 CEST 2008

ZhouBin wrote:
>  Dear Christophe,
>
>  Sorry to disturb you again. This is maybe my ability to use Gmsh.
>
>  As you could see from the attached file, I have a line tangential to the circle. Since circle is actually a regular polygon with many sides. There will be a gap between this line and the "Gmsh circle".

The geometrical object "circle" in Gmsh is really a circle, not a
polygon. (It just looks like a polygon if you zoom in because it's drawn
that way.)

Now, Gmsh does not compute intersections, so if a line is supposed to be
tangent to a circle arc, you have to split the line and the circle arc
in two (i.e., introduce the tangency point explicitly) before you can mesh.