[Gmsh] GID Work Alike?

Moritz Nadler moritz_nadler at gmx.de
Sat Oct 11 21:09:17 CEST 2008

Hallo,

did you have a look at Elmer?

http://www.csc.fi/english/pages/elmer

 From their homepage:
==============================
Elmer is an open source multiphysical simulation software developed by CSC.
Elmer development was started 1995 in collaboration with Finnish Universities,
research institutes and industry.

Elmer includes physical models of fluid dynamics, structural mechanics,
electromagnetics, heat transfer and acoustics, for example. These are described
by partial differential equations which Elmer solves by the Finite Element
Method (FEM).

Elmer has a converter to convert gmsh msh files to Elmers native mesh format.

kind regards

Moritz