[Gmsh] Controlling curvature factor with Mesh.CharacteristicLengthFromCurvature

Neilen Marais nmarais at sun.ac.za
Thu Nov 13 20:10:49 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to create a mesh that will in use the characteristic size
specified by nodes away from curved surfaces but will conform well to
curved details.

I tried

Mesh.CharacteristicLengthFromCurvature = 1;

which seems to do just that, except that the curvatur factor seems way
too large. I seem to get 100s of triangles per curvature radius, whereas
I'd want only about 8 or so. I tried changing the value of
Mesh.CharacteristicLengthFromCurvature  away from 1, but that does not
seem to make any difference (except for disabling curvature meshing if
the value is < 1).

I was using gmsh 2.2.0 but just tried 2.2.5 (with tetgen) with the same
result. I notice 2.2.5 doesn't have a "ligting" tab under options any
more, is there any other way to enable/disable mesh lighting?

Thanks
Neilen