[Gmsh] postprocessing

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Wed Nov 19 00:59:22 CET 2008

Dear Gmsh experts,

I have some questions on postprocessing.

I  tried the  simple  example example on page 150 of the manual to see
its effect and learn from that however I had a problem on the first try.
I used the command line for this operation

gmsh test1.msh

which gave no result. I then kept on reading from the manual, I read
that the post processing and geometry info, go in hand to hand, which is
reasonable ;-)

Then I created a simple geometry file to create this mesh(in the
attachments), then tried to merge these two from the graphical user
interface but there is still no success out of that operation as well.
Strangely, the example given on page 150 is a truncated version of the
"view5.msh" given in the tutorial directory, without the multistep view
geometry views. When I run this tutorial file, the mentioned lines
commented, I can get  color map for the simple mesh(without any geometry
includes on which I am confused).

But on my simple example I could not get this which is a bit strange for
me(most probably there is sth. I am missing conceptually from the manual
and examples).

Some clarification on this issue would be wonderful.
Best,
Umut