[Gmsh] Gmesh capabilities

Janic Kevin Chambrillon janic.kevin.chambrillon at cern.ch
Thu Nov 27 12:45:45 CET 2008

Dear Sirs,

I am currently testing gmesh on a simple case to see if it can suit for our applications,
which are the design and the optimisation of particle accelerators. Thus, we need to represent some part of the accelerators.

I've got some questions on my case. We actually need to produce only quadrangles for the 2D meshing.
As you will see on the screen-shots included with this email, I succeed to obtain only quadrangles on the faces generated by
the extrusion process. On the main faces I can only obtain quadrangles on some parts.
According to you, is there any possibility to obtain quadrangles everywhere or, is the shape too complex to have them easily?
I made different trials with the transfinite line definition without a great success, mainly because of the three holes drilled
in this element.

Best regards,

Janic Chambrillon

PS: I am actually French, thus you can reply to me in English or in French.