[Gmsh] Retrieve and use of Element Barycenter coordinates

Laurent Mattei mattei at emse.fr
Mon Dec 15 09:31:56 CET 2008

Hello,

I have created a mesh with Gmsh. I would like to reattribute some elements
at specific physical surface on the condition that these elements are in
the area.
I think that i can use the barycenter of the element to say if the specific
element belong to the specific physical surface. But i don't know the
command code to manipulate parameter of the element like coordinates of his
barycenter or his number and i don't know the command code to say that this
list of elements is reattibuted to this physical surface. Can you help me?

Thanks you
Best regards
Laurent MATTEI
mattei at emse.fr
Ecole nationale supérieure des Mines de Saint Etienne