[Gmsh] lower limit for characteristic length

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Dec 15 13:06:46 CET 2008

Zenker, Dr. Matthias wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> the question remains: is there a lower limit for the characteristic
> length cl, and why does gmsh crash when some points have a small cl?

It shouldn't crash, except when "cl" divided by the overall size of
model is getting close to machine accuracy (or more accurately, close to
the value of the random pertutbation used in the meshing algorithms,
which is 1e-9 by default).

Could you send a file that shows the problem?

> I would like to add another one: Is it possible that gmsh ignores the cl
> of the control points of a spline except for the first and last one? If

That's what Gmsh does: the cls of the control points are ignored.