[Gmsh] Mesh partition number selection

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Dec 17 22:15:40 CET 2008

Stephen Guzik wrote:
> Umut Tabak wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Is that possible to supply the mesh partition count as a command line
>> argument with "-part"? When I use only -part option, it always
>> partitions the mesh into 4.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Umut
> Not as far as I am aware.  But you can use "Mesh.NbPartitions = #; " in
> your input file.  Would that work?

You could use the generic "-string" option (which allows to parse
anything from the command line):

   gmsh -string "Mesh.NbPartitions=16;"

...but it's indeed a bit clumsy. So I've changed the handling of the
"-part" option: starting with tomorrow's nightly build "-part" will take
one argument (the number of partitions), so you will be able to simply do

   gmsh -part 16