[Gmsh] dxf or other 2D import?

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.de
Thu Jan 29 10:11:51 CET 2009

Thank you for this clarification.

The problem with STEP data is that it is always 3D, so in order to generate a 2D geometry, I have to convert to geo format and remove the 3rd dimension (volumes, surfaces, lines, points) manually. Or is there a more elegant way to do that?

I have observed that when STEP data is saved in geo format, circular arcs are converted to splines with many points, which makes handling (and maybe also meshing) more complicated.
Can this behaviour be influenced?

Thank you,

Matthias