[Gmsh] cross section from Solidworks into gmsh

Zenker, Dr. Matthias Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.de
Fri Feb 6 08:54:20 CET 2009

Hi all,

I had some problems to generate 2D data from a cross section of a 3D
geometry in SolidWorks. Thanks to a note from Rich Bayless, I have
solved this problem: If you know how to do it, it is possible to export
the cross section as a 2D STEP (or IGS) file which gmsh can read. Since
I may not be the only one for whom this is useful, I want to share the
information with the list. You can find it below.

Matthias