[Gmsh] Ahmed Body and meshing with a lot of volumes

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Tue Mar 3 20:46:31 CET 2009

Hi,

I wonder, if anybody does have a geo file of the Ahmed body, which is
benchmark geometry for outer aerodynamics?
http://www.cfd-online.com/Wiki/Ahmed_body

It would be nice, if you can share it :-)

The geometry is not too complex, but for a good transfinite mesh one
will need a lot of volumes. Gmsh is a quite good candidate for this;
except that, I am still having problems with the transition from one
volume to the next volume, where one needs a smooth transition. Is there
a function to control the transition in any way? Right now, I am using a
simple calculation and adjust the progression and number of cells
manually...

Best Regards!
Fabian