[Gmsh] regarding problem in 8 noded quadilateral

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Mon Mar 30 09:52:10 CEST 2009

kuldeep sharma wrote:
> Respected Sir,
> I am using Gmsh for the last six months for my research work. No doubt
> it's simple and fantastic in application.But now I have problem in
> meshing whenever i have gone through 2d mesh to second order for (8
> noded quadilateral)element it generates the 8 noded quadilateral element
> but the node number displayed on the mesh doesnot match with the saved file.
> I have sent the same problem as as _attachment file_.

Gmsh reindexes the mesh vertices and elements so that they are
numbered in a continuous sequence in the output files. The numbers
displayed on screen after mesh generation thus usually differ from the
ones saved in the mesh files.

To check the actual numbers saved in the output file just load the mesh
file back using File->Open.