[Gmsh] Problem with 2D mesh generation for a cracked domain

olivier jamond olivier.jamond at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:46:08 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am a french phd student and I am working on multiscale simulations of
propagation of critical areas within the Arlequin framework
(www.mssmat.ecp.fr/IMG/pdf/BenDhia.pdf). I use Gmsh to generate meshes
at each step of the propagation of cracked domains. I'am working with 2D
closed crack, so I would like to have duplicated points in the .geo
file. So I have unchecked the option
"remove duplicated entities in GEO models", but it seams to exists a
feature which deals with the intersection of the 1D mesh of the edges
("There are 4 intersections in the 1d mesh/Gmsh splits those edges and
tries again"). Is there any way to disable this function, or to allow
duplicated points or self-crossed edge?

A  problematic .geo file is attached.

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,