[Gmsh] File formats

dolfyn info at dolfyn.net
Wed Apr 8 11:29:14 CEST 2009

Thank you Christophe!

> you can just put your $NodeData, $ElementData, etc. in
> separate files, and merge them along with the original mesh :

ahhh thanks!

> gmsh mymesh.msh res1.msh res2.msh res3.msh

this means (for me) an option: either to write out in *.msh all data
OR creating a map (by gmsh2dolfyn: gmsh 3D elements <-> dolfyn
cells, gmsh 2D named(!) elements <-> dolfyn boundaries). Using the
map the default boundaries (region 0, when present) will not appear
in the *.msh file.

splitting the results will mean something like (the method of
keeping the basename and extended extentions; great idea too for
unsteady results!):

gmsh mymesh.msh mymesh_uvw.msh mymesh_p.msh mymesh_k.msh

(better this method than using View[i].Visible=0 which means one
still creates the data set)

Instead of the background mesh; is it possible to ask Gmsh to refine
certain specific cells? Sent to Gmsh for example by a list?
The 'injection' of the 'current result' as the starting guess for
the 'new mesh' would be simple then (only the refined
elements/cells did change).

Henk