[Gmsh] Mesh problem with rotated volume

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Thu Apr 16 13:42:59 CEST 2009

svhb at telenet.be wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a simple example of an extruded volume with a hole. It works fine until I rotate the volume. When rotated, the mesh looks corrupted, the mesh stick out the volume.
>
> See two jpg files, and the geo file included.

Hi - This is a known limitation of the "extrude" command in the old CAD
module: extruded entities cannot be safely geometrically transformed
because we use the exact extrusion formula to interpolate.

With tomorrow's nightly snapshot you will be able to set

   Geometry.ExactExtrusion=0;

This will fix your problem (at the cost of losing the exact
interpolation for curved surfaces, which is not a problem in your case).