[Gmsh] Meshing the volume between a model and a surrouding cuboid

Mike B. mb78aa at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 12:36:57 CEST 2009

Dear Gmsh users,

I'm rephrasing a previous question, hopefully to make it clearer what I'm after:

I have an object (given as an STL file) and which I load it into Gmsh with Merge 'obj.stl'. I then define in Gmsh a control volume ( a cuboid ) around the model.

Now, I want to mesh the volume between the cuboid and the model. How do I do that?. Also, I'd like to have a finer mesh close to the model surface and a coarser one away from it (use the `Attractor' field?).

Would appreciate help how to achieve these two.

Thanks,
Mike.