[Gmsh] Meshing the volume between a model and a surrouding cuboid

Mike B. mb78aa at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 09:07:43 CEST 2009

Dear Henk,

Thanks for the reply-it answers part of my question, that is, how to mesh the volume between the outer cuboid and the inner STL model.

However, how do I generate a mesh which is fine around the inner surface (the model) and becoming coarse towards the surrounding cuboid?. I tried using the threshold and attractor fields but it seems the latter does not support surfaces:
http://geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2009/004198.html

Is it possible to extract the surface points of the model and use them as attractors?.

Thanks,
MIke.