[Gmsh] Gmsh installation on Linux

Bastien Gorissen bastien.gorissen at cenaero.be
Thu Jul 9 13:28:29 CEST 2009

Hello,

If you wish to use gmsh with its graphical interface, you need to
install the toolkit it relies on, fltk. You can either find it there
http://www.fltk.org/, or, probably, in your distribution's packages
repositories (note : you need both the "normal" package and the "dev"
one providing the header files).

If you only need to run gmsh in commandline mode, you can use
./configure --disable-gui to configure it without installing fltk.

(A little) More info here : http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/doc/FAQ.txt

Note that you may wish to use a precompiled version.

Hope that helps !

-Bastien Gorissen