[Gmsh] 2D boundary layer mesh

Ivan Flaminio Cozza ivan.cozza at polito.it
Thu Jul 9 15:07:49 CEST 2009

Ok, but if I draw my 2D domain, and then I extrude the surface in z
direction in order to have the 3D, there are some guidelines to mesh
with a boundary layer? So, the problem is that if I mesh wit
extrude{surface{}},  I can't create the "lateral" surfaces and then I
can't create the external volume... The other option is to draw by
myself some extruded lines around the body and then do a transfinite
mesh inside those lines, but is quite tedious...
Thanks, Ivan

David Colignon wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> yes, it doesn't work with lines. In your case you will have to
> construct a 3D geometry "by hand" and mesh it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dave

Ivan Flaminio Cozza

PhD Student - Aeroacoustics Research Group
DIASP - Dipartimento di Ingegneria Aeronautica e Spaziale
Politecnico di Torino
Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, 24
Torino (To)
10129 Italy