[Gmsh] Obtain elements' numbers

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jul 24 12:51:14 CEST 2009

Hi François,

you should have a look at tutorial 3 , http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/doc/texinfo/gmsh-full.html#SEC66

out[] = Extrude { {-2*h,0,0}, {1,0,0} , {0,0.15,0.25} , Pi/2 } {
   Surface{news-1}; Layers{10}; Recombine;
};

// In this last extrusion command we retrieved the volume number
// programatically by saving the output of the command into a
// list. This list will contain the "top" of the extruded surface (in
// out[0]) as well as the newly created volume (in out[1]).

but I am not sure it also applies to the Rotate/Duplicate case ...

Cheers,

Dave

--
David Colignon, Ph.D.