[Gmsh] Generate mesh with hexahedron elements?

Geordie McBain gdmcbain at freeshell.org
Tue Jul 28 02:19:50 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Rui Maciel<rui.maciel at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, as I'm a clueless newbie, could you please explain to me how you create
> your models? Do you write the .geo files by hand or do you use a 3rd party
> geometry editor?

I don't have a 3rd party geometry editor, though I can imagine that
one would be useful for more complicated geometries.  I mostly write
my .geo files by hand (I'm only dealing with fairly simple shapes so
far), but occasionally I will use the GUI, for example to obtain
identification numbers if I've been lazy and not stored them using the
"p = newp; Point (p) = {x, y, z}" idiom.