[Gmsh] suggested new meshing algorithm in Gmsh: hex gridding

Billy Araujo billyaraujo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 10:45:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

There was a version of Gmsh (I think 1.65) that remeshed the STL
surface. I think developers have not ported that algorithm into latest
versions which is a pity.

Both tetgen and netgen can remesh STL files though and they are open source.

Then there are other commercial software which can do the remeshing.

Regards,

Billy.