[Gmsh] Integrate GMSH with FreeCAD

Joachim Zettler joachim_zettler at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 11 16:21:27 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I am one of the developers in the OpenSource Project FreeCAD (see
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/free-cad/index.php?title=Main_Page).

One of the workbenches I currently work on is the FE-Workbench. In
this workbench the user should be able to select CAD-Surfaces or Edges
to apply boundary conditions or Loads for further FE-Calculations with
Code-Aster or Calculix. Until now we miss a good meshing library which
covers the task of high quality surface or volume meshing. After the
meshing is done we apply our preset boundary conditions and loads and
generate an Input-Deck for the solvers of interest.

Would it be possible to use GMSH for the whole meshing task? It would
also be very helpful if we can preserve TopoDS_Face or Edge
information during the meshing to map the loads and boundary
conditions to the right Triangles and Nodes afterwards.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

With best regards,

Joachim